Thursday, August 1, 2013

Anticipation & Makeup

I have been thinking very much this week about that amazing little hike from GA to ME, and thinking about how this time next year, God willing, I will be on the trail!

I have been reading deeper (and with some things- really just beginning to read) into subjects relatable to thru hiking the AT. Subjects including things such as wild edibles, lyme disease, and the many discussions on drinking water.

My friends Ben and Lauren Thompson have a blog from their own journey through the AT (and after) that I have been reading through. So much amazingly helpful input on their blog alone! I will see them this week on a brief visit back to CA from CO; I am looking forward to picking their brains and asking lots of questions!!

I am also quite looking forward to the arrival of my two recently purchased books (See my previous post).


Regarding makeup: I have been very excited at the thought of not wearing ANY makeup for 6 months! Nothing from a factory clogging my pores. Nope, not even a second thought for the Chanel eyeshadow. ;)
Actually being in a situation where I would be looked down on if I DID wear makeup. That is pretty exciting to me! In the time between now and April, I will probably bounce between wanting to wear no makeup and wanting to play around with it more, knowing I will not have that creative outlet for half a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment